Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lots of things to cover! Beware an epic long post

Sorry for the delay in posts. I've been busy with school, work, and Mary (always Mary).

So here's quick recap of what's been going on:
My friend Kara in the pharmacy had a week off and offered to watch Mary, which I of course accepted. If it resulted in free babysitting and free things for her (because Kara loves to spoil Mary), then I'm all for it. Unfortunately, Kara's kids got sick so she only watched Mary for one day. It was still enough time for Kara to make a quilt for Mary.


Heather at work also gave some really cute red pants that say LOVE on the bum to Mary. They say they are a size 9 month, though it looks like it would fit her when she's like 2 years old. As soon as I get her in them I'll take pics and post so Heather can enjoy! Mary sure does appreciate all your thoughtfulness.

As most of you know, the Cubs choked it up and lost. Dang it. Here at the Kozlowski household, we love the Cubs and even got dressed for the playoffs (well, Brent and Mary did) So even though we were all sad at the loss, enjoy the cute pic of Mary in her Cubs outfit, enjoying the game with Daddy.


Mary is a lover of dancing. The other day I was playing music on my iPod and Mary got up by the dock and started wiggling away to her heart's content.

Mary is our helpful little one. We set her on our bed while we folded clothes, and she decided to help as best she could, rearranging her clothing. What a sweetheart!

And then we went over to Val and Chris' to watch Brendan as they went house hunting. Brendan was having fun playing with Mary, especially when he found the strainer and tried to put it on her head like a hat.


And finally, my parents came in to town to visit us this past weekend. Mary was very excited to spend time with the G-ma and G-pa Lubniewski. She hasn't seen them in a long time. Since they were in town so close to the 19th, we celebrated her birthday a bit early (though we will be celebrating it two more times: on her actual birthday and then when G-ma and G-pa Kozlowski come to visit for Kyle's wedding).


We got a free birthday cake from Albertsons (I think I'll try my hand at making one myself later when I have more time to practice.) Mary seemed hesitant at first, but once she tasted that sweet sweet frosting, our little mini went to town. In fact, after eating so much goodness, Mary fell into what I can only call a sugar induced coma. So much deliciousness!


And this is the last video I swear. It's just some fun of Mary gorging on cake!

Thanks to my parents for bringing out lots of fun things for Mary. She really enjoys the books, the giant glittery ball, and her new favorite stuffed animal is the giant lion (Tiggy really loves it too). We had a lot of fun with you and we already miss you. Come back to visit soon!

4 comments:

Farley Family said...

she is so CUTE. I love the video of her eating the cake. I love little kids that just go for it!

Tyler and Jessica Kozlowski said...

So cute!!!! I can't believe she is almost one, when is her actually birthday again?? And we better be invited you know I'm a fan of free cake :) and I noticed you cut your hair... I love it, do you like it? We are also upset about the Cubs its so disapointing they came so close! Hey did you ever get the results back from your MRI? Let me know if you need anything!

Andrew and MeKenzie said...

MARY IS ADORABLE! I miss you.

Momma + Her Minis said...

So little Mary will have a cute b-day present coming her way. What size do you suggest that I get her something in? I haven't seen her in person, so I don't know what size and all that.

Let me know! Have fun celebrating on her actual birthday this weekend!