Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's a party, it's a party for Mary!

Today my friends, our mini Mary turned a whopping 1! I know, it's amazing, isn't it? It seems like we were just barely bringing her home from the hospital. But my how she has changed!

From this:
To this:(please note the fun toy Mary is holding, courtesy Clint, Camber and Camdon for Mary's b-day gift. and also the Juicy shirt that G-pas Koz got for Mary as well, along with some other cute clothes)

I decided to be daring and make a cake for Mary, a cake of her all time favorite character ever, Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba. If you've never had the pleasure of watching the show, let me show you just how much fun it is (sometimes Brent worries I like it more than Mary does)
Brobee's Party in my Tummy (i tried to just do the embedded image here, but for some unknown reason, it didn't work. darnit.)
anyway, perhaps this is the reason Mary is so keen on eating. She has discovered the secrets of the party in her tummy!

I think I did a pretty good job on it, considering it was my first go at making a cake like that.
Of course, Mary dove right into the cake. But I opted on just giving her a piece, so others could enjoy the Brobeeness.
Mary got to have fun with Uncle Chris, Aunt Valerie and cousin Brendan who bought her a wonderful miniature stuffed Brobee, which was just perfect for the occasion.As well as Uncles Kyle and Tyler and soon to be Aunt StaceyAnd of course, major thanks to Uncle Richard (or as he says "uncle grandpa") and Aunt Julie for letting us throw Mary a party at their place. They got her an awesome toy that speaks in both english and spanish! Sweet!

Thank you to everyone who sent warm wishes to us on Mary's big day! G-pas Lubniewski and G-pas Koz, we wish you could've been here, but luckily my parents got to celebrate early and Brent's parents will celebrate later.

6 comments:

ErinLub said...

I so wish we were there to celebrate with you. You are so welcome out here any time, we would LOVE to have you. I've seen bits of Yo Gabba Gabba, and my favorite is the dancing kids - "My name is Seth, and I like to daaance!" So hilarious! You have mad cake skills, it was really good.

Erin

Jordan and Jodi said...

AWESOME JOB! The cake LOOKS SO GOOD! How long did it take? BE HONEST because you know I don't want to make Ally's cake this week....no time! BUT...maybe I will! :) Looks just like the Brobee Birthday Cake from the show! :) Glad to see Mary likes cake...we'll let you know about Alls after Saturday when she dives in?? Maybe!

Jessica Anderson said...

oh man! Nixon is obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba. We have every episode from the 1st season recorded on our DVR. Plus you know this week is some more NEW ones for the 2nd season. Nixon has also made up his own "sign" (sign language) to ask to watch the show, he sways his hands back and forth like DJ lance rock does when he says.. ".. YOOoOooooo Gabba gabba!!!!" I'm doing the yo gabba gabba theme for his 2nd birthday in Dec. Glad to see that someone else is as dedicated to the show as we are!

sarinah♥ said...

Love the cake! You did awesome. Happy Birthday Mary!

Cecilia said...

Wow...awesome cake. Happy birthday Evita!

Joe and Megan Karlsven said...

your hair is so cute Steph. We need to hang out sometime, it has been forever since we have seen you guys.c