This will be uber quick. No, no, for real.
For those of you who didn't know, we moved to a house in Provo. It is owned by one of my coworker's mom. It is a really great place. We just have a ton of stuff left to unpack. And it will take even longer due to unforseen circumstances.
Seems our little M&M has croup. Or at least that's what the doc diagnosed it as (but we all know how I don't trust doctors). She started coughing yesterday. Last night she kept waking up. Until around 4 when she woke up for good;coughing fit to burst, crying to the point of almost vomitting, and breathing all crazy like. I was really scared. I've never seen her in so much pain or so upset. And really was minutes away from going to the ER since she was completely inconsolable (forgive me if that's misspelled) for hours. Literally.
Instead, we called an on call nurse at the after hours pediatric office. She recommended steaming up the bathroom and sitting in there with her. It helped to the point of calming her down and allowing her to sleep. Still, she could hear Mary in the background and said an appointment to the doctor's was necessary.
Mary doesn't like the doctor. Not the stethoscope, not the tongue depressor, not the ear checker thingy (i don't know what that's called). Nothing. Oh wait. She does like the stickers at the end. She got a Dora and Diego one (which she calls "Doh" haha).
So now she's taking some prednisolone (steroid) to help with the throat problems. I have to watch out and make sure she doesn't get an infection after taking that grape nastiness. Otherwise she may have to worry about possible ear and eye infections. Oh no!
Anyway, here's a little picture I took from my phone. We stopped at Wendy's after picking up her prescription because she needs to take it with food and we figured a little indulging wouldn't hurt today.

What a little couch potato.
Expect more soon, or at least as soon as we get all our junk settled. Keep your fingers crossed that it will be this weekend.
.jpg)
1 comments:
Poor Mary and poor Mommy and Daddy. Croup sucks (if that is what it is). I got it a bunch of times as a kid, and it was no fun. I hope you are holding up! Feel better soon Mary!
Post a Comment