Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Something exciting!

So last night when Brent came home from work, he stopped to pick up the mail. As I was rifling through it I saw something from my OB doc's office. I immediately thought, if this is some kind of bill they're trying to get me to pay they better think again! I pre paid for all of the services. Anyway, I proceed to open the envelope and see a letter stating how they appreciate my patience with them returning my credit balance (what? i thought) and how they had recently performed an audit on all their accounts. And much to my pleasurable surprise, there was a check in the envelope for $300!!!! I showed Brent who was also incredulous. We had no idea that we over paid. I said, "this must be for all that tithing we pay." To which he replied, "yeah you always hear those stories about families who had to choose between paying tithing or some bill and after paying tithing received a check in the mail for the exact amount they needed!" We thought that was pretty funny. Not like we needed the $300 for anything in particular and not to diss or make fun of anybody who has had an experience like that from paying tithing, because we do think that our tithes brought us this blessing of an unexpected check! Hooray! So sorry, I thought I'd share that story for you all. I was just that dang excited about the whole thing.

4 comments:

Jessica Anderson said...

that's awesome news. I love it when things like that happen. The same thing happened to me today too!!! Except, it's the dealership giving me the money one of their employees' stole out of my car when they were cleaning it out... but I never thought they would actually pay me it! Although we don't pay tithing cause we live off student loans, I do pray my butt off, and i'm thinking that had something to do with mine. But wow, $300. Time to order out tonight !!!

Andrew and MeKenzie said...

Unexpected money is the best!

sarinah♥ said...

Wow, that $300 would buy a wii...!

Cami Rivas said...

HI! I can officially add comments now that I have a google email account! So I decided that this post would be the first that I would leave my comments on.

I have one thing to say:
3 Ne 24:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and POUR YOU OUT A BLESSING that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

YAY for the Gospel. :)