Monday, July 21, 2008

quick update

So most of you know that Mary is now 9 months. I can hardly believe that our little mini will be a year old in 3 months. No pictures to post yet, but here's the stats for her!
Height: 26 in
Weight: 15.15 lbs
Which means she's in the 7% for each. I thought she had gotten so huge! But apparently she's still as teeny as every. Don't worry though, her doctor said she is fine in her growth percentage, she's just a little runt.
Oh, and Mary is definitely teething. Last night she kept waking up, crying in pain. So Mary slept in the bed with me for only the second time since she was born. Good thing we're house sitting and in a nice air conditioned room, otherwise the heat would've been unbareable. It was really adorable how in her sleep she would reach out to make sure I was still there and cuddle into my shoulder.
When her doctor looked in her mouth he said "Oh yeah, she's definitely teething. You can see it on the top." and I thought, the top? I swear it's her bottom gum that's swollen. Then he looked at her bottom gum and said he can see two teeth just on the verge of cutting through. Great, so it looks like she'll be overwhelmed with a bunch of teeth at once. I guess if it gets her through a lot in a shorter amount of time, I can bear the little to no sleep. Oh, and it'll be exciting when she can finally eat big girl food and chew instead of gum things to death!

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

She is small as aunt Valerie was at her age. Still BEAUTIFUL though!

sarinah♥ said...

Oh, those were the days. I'm glad its you and not me ;)

Cami Rivas said...

I love that this is like a journal for you. It really is so great to see how you're doing. I don't have a blog (I kinda feel like it's a married-people thing and I haven't earned that status yet *haha*), but if I did, I would hope that I'd be as good at it as you are! :)

Hugs to you all!