
So today was a big day for Mary since we decided she was ready to make the next step in solid foods. That's right, baby food! Our pediatrician, as well as Valerie, suggested giving vegetables and "green" baby food first, as opposed to fruits and the "yellow" baby food, so that Mary wouldn't acquire a taste for the sweeter things and have a hard time eating other stuff. I decided to start with peas, which I was a little anxious about. Would Mary like it? Would I be able to stomach smelling it? Yes and yes! I tried just a little taste on the tip of her spoon and she slurped it up without a second thought. Before I knew it, she was opening wide in anticipation of the peas! I tried getting a good picture of her, but it's hard to do it with one hand. Too bad Brent had to work. Though I laughed when I told him that since I have to work tomorrow he is the lucky one to change the first real stinky poop. He did not laugh back.

It is getting increasingly hard to change Mary. Within seconds of stripping her down, she is all curled up in anticipation of some toe sucking. After Mary's bath tonight I was trying to get her dressed and she just was not having it!



Once again, this is why I need an SLR so that I can actually snap a picture of Mary without the now trademark blur of her little fists and feet as they fling around.
1 comments:
lucky you, we tried to feed Nixon peas and he threw up every single time. It was so funny but so sad at the same time.
Post a Comment