Thursday, December 11, 2008

you can yell at me, i deserve it

Didn't Brent do a good job? Let's give him a round of applause!!! Though I do have to make one correction...It's BROBEE not BROBIE. Gah! You'd think the fact that he's Mary's favorite character EVER (mine too) would be enough to remember the spelling. Tsk, tsk honey. Just kidding.

Moving on.
At this point, i don't have much of an excuse for not posting...the hand is basically 100% now. Let me show you what it looked like, 2 weeks after the surgery, after the bandage came off. Keep in mind that I took the picture with my phone, so the quality isn't so fabulous. Though it was enough to make Brent queasy. Unfortunately you don't get a good idea of all the green and red bruises surrounding everything.
Here's what it looks like now, roughly (because I took this a week ago or so).
And alas, I go back to work tomorrow...I mean...yay! For all those of you at work who read this, the only part of coming back to work I am looking forward to is you!

So, here are a few things Brent didn't include (he forgot to check the camera for pics/vids that hadn't been uploaded yet)

Mary has discovered my iPod. She knows how to turn it on and knows to put the earbuds in her ear to listen. It all started one Sunday night when I wasn't feeling particularly well. I was listening to music (probably to block out football and Brent yelling at the refs and players) and trying to "nap." But Mary decided that she was not all about that, as she kept walking over to me and hitting me so I'd pick her up. And to help calm her crazies down, I put up a bud to her ear. So I guess it's all really my fault. Observe!



And yes, Mary has come very far in her walking progress from the video that Brent posted last time. For some reason she really enjoys screaming whenever she walks. Maybe the whole novelty of it hasn't worn off yet.



So we got an interesting package in the mail the other day. I opened it to discover the cutest sweater ever! And it has quite the story behind it. Back when Gpa Koz was playing for the Bears, Virginia Halas, daughter of George Halas aka Papa Bear and who now owns the team, made this sweater for the Koz kids. So Gpas Koz sent it to us for Mary to enjoy. It is adorable on her...only the hood is slightly small on her head. Don't any of you make a crack at her larger than average cranium!

And yes I realize her face is dirty. She was eating lunch and I just wanted to get her in that sweater as fast as I could before she got too tired and cranky from need of a nap.


These next vids are especially for Ian and Erin to enjoy (not that the rest of you can't enjoy them too...). Mary has discovered how to be gentle with Tiggy...for the most part. She will start petting him nicely then gets over excited and hits him and he subsequently runs away. Here in this vid she gets distracted by the camera, like usual. And she has also discovered how to play with him.

I hope this made up for everything! I will be sooooo much better about posting, I promise.

And I'm sure there will be more to come as we near Christmas. Oh man, can you imagine Mary and our Christmas tree? Her and Tiggy will be a destructive dynamic duo for sure.

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

glad your hand is all better, steph. mary is such a good walker! i bet she's getting into tons of trouble running all over the place. :)

are you guys coming to IL for the holidays? i'd love to see you!

sarinah♥ said...

YAAA! I'm so glad your'e coming back to work. I've been missing you! And your posts! The hubby did a great job! See you tomorrow! Yaaaa! Oh ya, did I say that,already!

Andrew and MeKenzie said...

My favorite is Mary dancing to your ipod...SO CUTE! Oh I miss her cute littleness. I hope you are doing well, have a Merry Christmas!!!

Jordan and Jodi said...

So cute! I love all the new videos! She is so funny! We have the same pjs (monkeys) we should get the girls together to take a picture in them! Glad you're back...I'm sure you wish you were home playing with little Mary...who wouldn't want to!

Your hand pictures look great!