Yes the wait is finally over!
It all started a little after 9pm on Thursday the 18th. I was laying in bed, watching some tv, when my water broke. I was a little hesitant about the whole situation after hearing a story about a girl who went in to the hospital saying her water broke only to hear that she had only wet herself. Not that I thought I peed my pants, but still. Obviously, when the liquid didn't stop, I knew what it was.
I called Brent up and told him. He was so excited! He got home a little after 9:30 and we got our stuff together and left (earlier that day I had a feeling I would go into labor either that day or the next so I busied myself with getting everything together). We got to the hospital around 10:15. It was so funny when we walked into the entrance because the security guard who was sitting down eating, tried to get up to tell us where to go and almost fell out of his chair! We checked in with a nurse who told us that there was some meconium in the fluid, but not to worry. Then we headed up to the labor and delivery room. We got the suite which was awesome. By the time they got me hooked up to everything it was around 11-11:15. They hooked me up to pitocin (or however you spell it) to get my contractions going since I was only dilated to a 1 when I got to the hospital.
Shortly after that I got up to almost a 3 but was 100% effaced. Only a couple hours after all this, my contractions were coming on so close and so strong that there really wasn't time to rest in between them, so I asked for the epideral. The anesthesiologist kind of mentioned that it was soon and that made me angry, as if he knew what it felt like. Good thing I asked for one then because the next time the nurse came to check me I was completely dilated. Brent was asleep at this point. We were both certain we'd be waiting for awhile. In fact, Brent had been saying earlier that he wished it would go quicker because he's so impatient and hates hospitals. God heard his plea, apparently, because we had only been there for about 4 hours at that point.
I started feeling a lot of pressure and wanting to push but the doctor on call was leaving in less than an hour and there were two other women who were ready to push also.
The nurse had me push some to see how I would do and to see if we could get Mary's head to move down even more. I was glad that they had me wait to push, even though the pressure was beginning to be unbareable, because my doctor came in at that point so he could deliver me. After less than an hour of pushing, Mary came flying (almost literally) out! Brent cut the cord and they cleaned her up, and finally after nine months I got to hold our precious little baby.
It all started a little after 9pm on Thursday the 18th. I was laying in bed, watching some tv, when my water broke. I was a little hesitant about the whole situation after hearing a story about a girl who went in to the hospital saying her water broke only to hear that she had only wet herself. Not that I thought I peed my pants, but still. Obviously, when the liquid didn't stop, I knew what it was.

I called Brent up and told him. He was so excited! He got home a little after 9:30 and we got our stuff together and left (earlier that day I had a feeling I would go into labor either that day or the next so I busied myself with getting everything together). We got to the hospital around 10:15. It was so funny when we walked into the entrance because the security guard who was sitting down eating, tried to get up to tell us where to go and almost fell out of his chair! We checked in with a nurse who told us that there was some meconium in the fluid, but not to worry. Then we headed up to the labor and delivery room. We got the suite which was awesome. By the time they got me hooked up to everything it was around 11-11:15. They hooked me up to pitocin (or however you spell it) to get my contractions going since I was only dilated to a 1 when I got to the hospital.
Shortly after that I got up to almost a 3 but was 100% effaced. Only a couple hours after all this, my contractions were coming on so close and so strong that there really wasn't time to rest in between them, so I asked for the epideral. The anesthesiologist kind of mentioned that it was soon and that made me angry, as if he knew what it felt like. Good thing I asked for one then because the next time the nurse came to check me I was completely dilated. Brent was asleep at this point. We were both certain we'd be waiting for awhile. In fact, Brent had been saying earlier that he wished it would go quicker because he's so impatient and hates hospitals. God heard his plea, apparently, because we had only been there for about 4 hours at that point.I started feeling a lot of pressure and wanting to push but the doctor on call was leaving in less than an hour and there were two other women who were ready to push also.
The nurse had me push some to see how I would do and to see if we could get Mary's head to move down even more. I was glad that they had me wait to push, even though the pressure was beginning to be unbareable, because my doctor came in at that point so he could deliver me. After less than an hour of pushing, Mary came flying (almost literally) out! Brent cut the cord and they cleaned her up, and finally after nine months I got to hold our precious little baby.
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment