Friday, September 28, 2007

baby shower

Sept 18th, Valerie threw a baby shower for me. It was a lot of fun and I got a lot of cute things. I'm glad that I have good friends who are willing to buy me presents for baby Mary. The food was really good, especially the waterchestnuts wrapped in bacon. I'm glad Valerie got the idea from Chris' sister.

Sorry it's taken awhile to post pictures of the event, I was just waiting to get them from Valerie. I didn't think to bring my own camera unfortunately. And unfortunately I don't think I'm very photogenic at this point in my pregnancy. I had just come from an 8 hr shift at work and then when I bit into one of the stuffed mushrooms it dripped juice all down my shirt. So I had to zip up the jacket to cover up how sloppy it seems I've gotten since becoming pregnant.


Brent is doing well with his new job at Discover. We're excited because the benefits he gets are even better than Costco's and they start at day one. So now we are double covered for when baby Mary is born. That will be really great. The less we have to come out of pocket, the better. Brent's really enjoying having more free weekends, especially with the BYU football games. We've gone to the first two home games, but that's it for us. It's getting too hard to sit on a bleacher for a few hrs straight.
On another happy note, Saturday the 29th is my last day at Costco! Hooray! I'm so excited to not have to work for awhile. It'll give me time to get everything ready for Mary. I've been cleaning like crazy to make sure that everything is clean, dust and germ free. I tried to wash the walls in the 2nd room but those stains are permanently stuck on the walls. As the baby drops it becomes more and more uncomfortable to move around. Brent keeps telling Mary to hurry up and come out already. I wouldn't mind her coming now. I'm at 37 weeks so I'm officially full term.
After Christmas I'll go back to Costco for hopefully a very short time. I was talking to one of the employees there and he mentioned that his wife works for JetBlue from home. I think I'll look into that so that I could for sure leave Costco for good and then get free flights! That would be a really nice job to have. We'll see what happens.
We'll keep you updated and hopefully we'll all be seeing Mary soon.

0 comments: